ENGLISH BOOKS BY CLEMENS G. ARVAY
Sounds True, Colorado, 2018
available from booksellers
Clemens G. Arvay
The Healing Code of Nature -
Discovering the New Science of Eco-Psychosomatics
Human beings are inseparable from the natural world, co-evolving with all of life. In order to thrive, we need to nourish this bond. In The Healing Code of Nature, biologist Clemens G. Arvay illuminates the miraculous ways that the human body interprets the living “code” of plants, animals, and our larger natural habitat for healing and sustenance. Here is a book as inspiring as it is fascinating, offering a new vision for the future of medicine and the way we relate to our environment.
Learn more about:
• The new science of eco-psychosomatics: the study of the close connection between mind, body, and nature
• The biophilia effect and the healing relationship between humans and trees
• Epigenetics and the mounting evidence of how environmental experiences of a living being can directly affect genetic material
• The role of evolutionary medicine in understanding and treating cancer
• Regenerating in nature and taking a time-out from the stressors of modern living
• Unleashing the healing potential of encounters with animals
• Moving beyond the materialist view to reclaim nature as an unsolvable mystery
"The biologist Clemens Arvay has given us a concise, utterly fascinating critique of the still-dominant reductionist, materialist view of the natural world".
- Richard Louv, author of Last Child in the Woods, The Nature Principle and Vitamin N
"Arvay’s book is one of the pioneering works heralding a new, post-dualistic era of feeling and thinking, in which we understand ourselves as parts of a vast commons of life, as variations of one grand desire to realize aliveness through reciprocal sharing".
- Andreas Weber, PhD, biologist and author of Matter & Desire, Biology of Wonder, and Enlivenment
"The Healing Code of Nature is a science-based manifesto about the growing field of 'nature medicine' that carefully outlines what human lives need as we move forward in a world in which all forms of nature are disappearing at unprecedented rates. Clemens Arvay writes convincingly and eloquently about how, when we get 'out into nature,' we not only can sustain healthy bodies and minds, but also cure ourselves. He stresses that nature as a whole must be preserved, not only for the benefits we reap when we get out and enjoy magnificent landscapes and fascinating nonhuman animals, but also to save natural diversity for future generations who may need getting outdoors more than we do now. The book shows, that as we become aware of the benefits that accrue when we immerse ourselves in the great outdoors, it'll be a win-win for all animals, human and nonhuman, as well as for diverse flora, living bodies of water, and inanimate entities. Written for a broad and global audience, I hope that Clemens Arvay's new book will be enjoyed by the masses and shared widely.
- Marc Bekoff, PhD, Professor emeritus of Ecology and Evolutionary Biology, University of Colorado in Boulder
Sounds True, Colorado, 02/2018
Clemens G. Arvay
The Biophilia Effect -
A Scientific and Spiritual Exploration of the Healing Bond between Humans and Nature
"The Biophilia-Effect by Clemens G. Arvay is stimulating and original"!
- Michael Harner, PhD, author of The Way of The Shaman, and Cave and Cosmos
Did you know that spending time in a forest activates the vagus nerve, which is responsible for inducing calm and regeneration? Or that spending just one single day in a wooded area increases the number of natural killer cells in the blood by almost 40 percent on average?
We've all had an intuitive sense of the healing power of nature. Clemens G. Arvay's new book brings us the science to verify this power, sharing fascinating research along with teachings and tools for accessing the therapeutic properties of the forest and natural world. Already a bestseller in Germany, The Biophilia Effect is a book that transforms our understanding of our interconnection with nature—and shows us how to engage the natural world wherever we live for greater health, inspiration, rejuvenation, and spiritual sustenance.
The foreword of this book was written by Marc Bekoff, PhD, a Professor emeritus of Evolutionary Biology and Ecology at the University of Colorado.
“I recommend this book. We know that spending time in nature is good for both mental and physical health. Here is a practical guide to help you do that.”
- Andrew Weil, MD, author of Mind Over Meds
“Arvay offers suggestions for how to gain the physical, psychological, and spiritual benefits of biophilia—whether in the far wilderness, nearby nature, or our own homes”.
- Richard Louv, author of The Last Child in the Woods, The Nature Principle and Vitamin N
“In this groundbreaking book, Clemens Arvay illustrates how we can easily rewild our hearts and our psyches by reconnecting with all of nature. And, as our bodies, psyches, and souls heal, the world will become a better place for all because our deep evolutionary roots of wildness allow us to accept who we truly are and lead us into forming and maintaining caring and loving relationships with all of our kin. Healing for one will lead to healing for all”.
- Marc Bekoff, PhD, Professor emeritus of Evolutionary Medicine and Ecology, University of Colorado